cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference schematic - STM32F103VET6 MCU

sivam
Associate II

Dear team,

We are currently in the process of designing a custom board centered around the STM32F103VET6 MCU. Unfortunately, we have been unable to locate a reference schematic that features this specific MCU. We kindly request the following information or clarifications:

1. To program the MCU, we intend to utilize the USART boot loader. Is it permissible to use USART to USB serial converter ICs for this purpose? Please confirm.

2. Is it acceptable to program the MCU using the internal flash memory? Kindly confirm.

3. Could you provide guidance on how to configure the Boot pins for our specific boot configuration i.e. to Program system memory?

4. For motor control application, we need PWM pins. How many PWM pins can be used?

5. Additionally, we would greatly appreciate it if you could review our custom board schematic.

Your assistance with these queries is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Natesan S

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

See the hardware design guide here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an2586-getting-started-with-stm32f10xxx-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

You can use the bootloader to program, but using a SWD connection will be much better. The chip doesn't know where the signals are coming from--a USB to UART converter will work fine.

If you attach your schematic, generally someone will take a look. You can tag me and I'll look if you want.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Why? It's a really old device, there are surely better choices today?

There have to be plenty of designs available for review, or you could read the documentation. The old F1 EVAL boards might still have schematics available, either via the User Manuals, or under the CAD Resources tabs.

AN2606 covers the pins / modes available from the system boot loader. Yes you can use the serial port via CMOS serial, RS232 via level shifters, or USB-to-CMOS Serial adapters. The chip doesn't care. You need to be able to generate standard signals and patterns. You send the 0x7F pattern at 8E1 so the chip can auto-baud. The protocol is covered in AN3155.

All the TIM pins should be usable. Each TIM has a single counting element (ie one frequency), and upto 4 channels, where you can modulated the pulse width. For the most part each TIM could run 4 servos. Depending on the part choice and pins I'd expect you'd be able to drive a dozen. Review the Data Sheets, might give you some insight to the resources available and escaped on different packages.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for the clarification

Could you suggest a latest alternative part? It would be better if it is pin compatible.

sivam
Associate II

Hi,

We can't share the schematic in public forum. Could you please share your email?

Regards,

Natesan S

Sorry, I don't do free work outside of the public forum. If you can't post it, I'm sure you can find someone to pay to take a look at it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".