cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc8574 interfacing with stm32f103c8

Elango
Associate II

Hi,while interfacing pc8574t with stm 32  i2c communication after generating start condition and sending slave address (0x4e) as in datasheet acknowledge failure flag was enable  this was the waveform i got and still can't find what could be reason it

if any suggestions please let me knowi2c waveformi2c waveform

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

SCL should be toggling.

Some possibilities:

• Pin isn't configured correctly.
  • Something else is pulling SCL high. Consider doing an analog capture at a high sample rate to see if voltage drops at all when SCL should be going low.
  • Probe isn't connected to the pin.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Elango
Associate II

hi sir, i checked it it seems to be a pin connection and i sort it out now after sending start bit it transmits stop bit 

i have attached photo below

while debugging i came to know it generates start condition after sending slave address the AF(ack failure) flag was set and stop bit was generated

IMG20231229115924.jpg

and also add on to that while debugging i saw it doesn't generate start on first transfer it generates restart condition 

i have attached photo for better understanding(the green colour statements are the one which conditions satisified)

Screenshot (2).png

Looks like you're just missing edges due to insufficient sample rate. Increase the sampling rate on your logic analyzer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".