cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q how many gpio

pero
Associate II

Hi! Im looking for a microcontroller with a lot of gpio. I have looked into NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q. As I understand it shall provide me with 144 gpio but im not sure if I need some header for this to happen? I have read about ST Zio and morpho connectivity but not sure what exactly that means? How can I access all gpio? What exactly do I need or do NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q provide all these outputs out of the box?

Are there any microcontroller with even more gpio?

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@pero wrote:

Hi! Im looking for a microcontroller with a lot of gpio. I have looked into NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q. 

The NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q is a board - not a microcontroller.

Do you actually mean a board, or a microcontroller (ie, just the chip itself - for incorporating into your own design)?

EDIT (sorry - posted too soon):

@pero wrote:

As I understand it shall provide me with 144 gpio

It provides a total of 144 pins - they may or may not all be available for use as GPIO

@pero wrote:

I have read about ST Zio and morpho connectivity but not sure what exactly that means?

They are explained in the User Manual:

AndrewNeil_0-1723040207011.png

@pero wrote:

How can I access all gpio?

The connector pinouts are all documented in the User Manual.

See also the schematics.

@pero wrote:

Are there any microcontroller with even more gpio?

Again, do you mean boards, or do you mean microcontrollers ?

Sorry. I meant the boar

I accidentally posted to soon - see the edit for more details on the board ...

@Andrew Neil It provides a total of 144pins - they may or may not all be available for use as GPIO

But can I just access these the same way as on arduino or esp32? For example just solder a female header on st expansion header and use it as normal on esp32 or arduino? How many are actually available and not reserved for other stuff?

Again, see the User manual:

AndrewNeil_1-1723043083959.png

AndrewNeil_2-1723043103794.png