cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F446ZE Ethernet port (RJ45 jack)

rtos-dev
Associate

Hello All,

I bought the NUCLEO-F446ZE board and would like to use Ethernet port but it is not soldered onto the board.

Which RJ45 jack do I need to buy? Could someone provide reference to Mouser or Digikey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @rtos-dev and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The NUCLEO-F446ZE is based on the STM32F446ZET6 MCU that does not support ethernet. But the design MB1137 is not just for this board but also for other Nucleo boards that support ethernet (such as the NUCLEO-F429ZI). So, even after soldering the Ethernet port, you will not be able to use is since the MCU does not support ethernet. The best choice is to purchase a board that support Ethernet. About the recomandation for the Ethernet part, you can always find a reference of the recommended part (for all not fitted parts) on the bill of material of the board (on the tab CAD ressources of the web page of the board).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

>would like to use Ethernet port but it is not soldered

ok, and what about all other parts , the transformer, phy , etc. ? You need all, to get the ETH wotking .

But none of them on board:

AScha3_0-1713720511867.png

So if you want using Ethernet, choose a board with all parts fitted, like nucleo-H563 or others.

Just look here for selection:  --> product selector (look for Eth. = 100Mbit )

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards/products.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @rtos-dev and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

The NUCLEO-F446ZE is based on the STM32F446ZET6 MCU that does not support ethernet. But the design MB1137 is not just for this board but also for other Nucleo boards that support ethernet (such as the NUCLEO-F429ZI). So, even after soldering the Ethernet port, you will not be able to use is since the MCU does not support ethernet. The best choice is to purchase a board that support Ethernet. About the recomandation for the Ethernet part, you can always find a reference of the recommended part (for all not fitted parts) on the bill of material of the board (on the tab CAD ressources of the web page of the board).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

rtos-dev
Associate

Oh well - my bad. I hurry up to buy the board. I just looked onto its picture and briefly onto datasheet and overlooked that it does not have Ethernet port. But anyway it is good that mistake was found on early development stage 🙂 Thank you a lot guys!