cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No acknowledge on System I2C Bootloader @ B-U585I-IOT02A

dbahr
Associate II

Hi, 

have a Discovery Board (B-U585I-IOT02A) and try to evaluate using the System Bootloader via I2C.

I have setup nSWBOOT0 = 1; nBOOT0 = 0 and BOOT0 = high.

I tried connecting with STLINK-V3SET connected to I2C2_SCL and I2C2_SDA plus GND. Using the STM32CubeProgrammer I cannot connect to the Bootloader via I2C(using 0x5A as an Address).

I am able to get acknowlege from other slaves that are on the same BUS using the STLINK-V3SET and also using a third Vendor I2C Analyzer. BUT no acknowledge on Addres 0x5A!

Is there anything on the DiscoveryBoard that is preventing the Bootloader from execution?

b.r.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for the hint. Finally I had just connected to the wrong IOs. I made a mistake reading the Schematic. Now I can access the bootloader. 

b.r.

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @dbahr , 

The address given in AN2606 must be shifted to the right by 1 bit .
For more details, I suggest you this article : How to use STM32CubeProgrammer and the STLINK-V3SE... - STMicroelectronics Community

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Thank you for the hint. Finally I had just connected to the wrong IOs. I made a mistake reading the Schematic. Now I can access the bootloader. 

b.r.

David