cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil ARMCC V5.1 does not connect to Nucleo 474 (ST-LINK V3)

flyer31
Senior

Is there any way to come around this? Or is this some "dirty trick" of the stupid "STM-Cube-Fan-Group" at STM to force all STM users into their stupid STM-Cube world?

(If I try to connect Keil uVision 5.1 to the new Nucleo ARM G474 boards, the Keil Project properties ST Link Properties page tells me "ST-LINK(too recent)"... with an older V2 STLINK module for G074 Nucleo it will work without problem... I unfortunately really need my old "full Keil license" as in this case I want to try programming some RTOS with more than 32kByte Code - and please do not tell me that I should buy a new Keil ARMCC version only to communicate to this completely unnecessary new STLINK V3 interface, which really nobody needs?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The interface code/drivers should reside in the \Keil\ARM\STLink directory.

In times past it was possible to replace or rename DLLs in this directory to support new connectivity/function.

Ping me at sourcer32@gmail.com I'll dig out the working set from here.

Check also the Software directory of the CubeG4 archive, there are sometimes patches there for Keil/IAR tool chains.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
flyer31
Senior

Is there some way on this STLINKV3 interface CPU U5A to somehow "short circuit" the 2 signals STLK_SWDIO, STLK_SWCLK to T_SWDIO, T_SWCLK by some chip signal / solder jumper? ... then I could at list in a nice way come around the STLINK V3 interface and use some other STLINKV2 Nucleo board for access to the STM32G474RE... . I already considered to exchange the 64pin LQFP STM32G470RB chip on my older "good old Nucleo G070RB board" (which has nice ST-LINKV2 interface... . But currently even no chips available ... the distris announce them only for Dec. 2021 / Apr. 2022... this is really tough...).

Super nice would be, if somebody of the so "super-ingenious" ST-LINK V3 group of STM could be motivated to possibly present some update software would would in some way present "backward-compatibility" to ST-LINK V2 software interfaces.. .

flyer31
Senior

... looking at the schematics, I think the nices way to cut away the disturbing ST-LINK V3 interface on this Nucleo board is to remove JP3, SB40 and SB41, and then connect an external ST-LINK V2 interface to the CN7 Morpho connector at NRST-PA13-PA14 ... just not yet completely sure how to best get the 3V3 from the other STLINK V2 board without shooting the power supplies... .

Any help or helpful comments would be grealy appreciated!

The interface code/drivers should reside in the \Keil\ARM\STLink directory.

In times past it was possible to replace or rename DLLs in this directory to support new connectivity/function.

Ping me at sourcer32@gmail.com I'll dig out the working set from here.

Check also the Software directory of the CubeG4 archive, there are sometimes patches there for Keil/IAR tool chains.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Wow, you are my hero, thank you very much ... this really helped... I just copied this STLINK subfolder from my Keil (newest version but no licencse) to my old Keil_v5\am of Keil V5.1 ... and now miraculously my good old Keil V5.1 shows "STLINK V3" in the debugger properties debug settings window, and also loading works perfectly... .

This saved me a spoiled day... thank you very much.