cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this schematic ready to programming?

smldgns3
Associate

Hello everyone. I'm new to this platform. I'm working on PCB design and just started learning. Currently, I'm working as an intern at an avionics company. I've been asked to work on a project using a microcontroller and an IMU sensor. Due to the availability in my country, I chose the STM32F103C6T6ATR microcontroller. For the sensor, I decided to use the BNO055 sensor and created a schematic using the KiCad application, which I attached. After creating the PCB layout and manufacturing it, I will proceed with programming and using the board. I want to show it to you to verify the correctness of my connections and identify any potential issues. Another question I have is about programming the microcontroller using the ST-Link v2 adapter. Can I use the SWDIO and SWCLK pins that I placed in the header for this purpose? I couldn't quite understand how to use the boot pins based on my research. In general, what modifications or additions can I make to my schematic for these tasks? Thank you in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-02 at 09.26.23.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @smldgns3 and welcome to ST Community, 

I recommend taking a look to the schematic developed for NUCLEO-F103RB.

Regarding the boot pins, you may need to connect them to a set of switches or jumpers that allow you to select the desired boot mode. You will also need to configure the microcontroller's bootloader to use the selected boot mode.

Hope this help!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

RhSilicon
Lead

If the need arises for a different voltage regulator, take a look at the MCP1700.

AM1117:

- 1.3V Dropout

- 120uA Adjust Pin Current (Quiescent Current)

MCP1700:

- 0.35V Dropout

- 4uA Quiescent Current