cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my circuit for building a MC board fine?

Sashvat
Associate II

Hi guys, I have built this STM32F334K4T6 MC dev board, I want to know if the schematic and the PCB wiring are all fine.

I also would want to know if the board will power on and will I be able to upload code to it and see an LED blink or so. I have attached the schematic and the PCB I have made. I haven't added the ground copper layer yet, its so that you can see my wiring and give it a go to send it to the fab house.

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

But I strongly suggest that you get a F334 Discovery first. Then you have something known good to start with. When you have climbed the learning curev, start designing your own boards. Otherwise sources of possible errors are endles...

is the nucleo 32 also a good board to start out with?

But I don't see a BOOT1 in the schematic at all, where is it?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

It is "BOOT1 option bit ". Read 3.2.3 Boot modes again!

ohh I am sorry. Thank you for your help. and I had asked, is the STM32-nucleo board good to start with? or the discovery boards? And can I program either of these boards using Atollic True Studio?

andy2399
Senior

In low pin count microcontrollers, the BOOT1 pin is only available as a programmable fuse.

You don't need to worry about BOOT1 but if you want to bootload code using one of the serial interfaces you need to control BOOT0.

Typically, you want to pull BOOT0 to ground with a jumper or switch to VDD. When BOOT0 is pulled to VDD, the bootloader mode is entered.

See the table in section 2.5 of the reference manual.

Andy

It you let BOOT0 float, and your supply rises slowly, there is a strong probability it will be determine to be HIGHish, and the code in ROM will run instead of your code in FLASH.

Long list of forum participants that have failed to do this properly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I was thinking about using the STM 32 Nucleo-32 board or the STM32 discovery board to start programming, would you recommend this for me to get started with STM32 MC programming?

Piranha
Chief II

Why are so many people ignoring "Getting started with STM32xx series hardware development" series application notes? Read the AN4206!

A "development board" without debugging... And why make development board at all? These are the ones You want to buy. Custom product boards are the thing You will have to design by Yourself. Just take some STM32 Nucleo board and learn software development on that - that's what is the most important thing!

Is this a book that you are talking about or a document that is available? And thank you for that advice, I am buying an STM32 Nucleo-32 board and starting to program it, but is that a book? Where can I buy it?