cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use ST-LINK V2 to program/debug a NUCLEO-F401RE board using STM32CUBEIDE. I receive "Error Initializing ST-LINK device. No target found" I can explain more if needed.

RSmal.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RSmal.2
Associate II

I figured it out. I was unaware that NRST needed to be wired as well. This fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SSmit.12
Associate

Yes it can be possible

RSmal.2
Associate II

Would you be able to elaborate? I have the VDD, GND, SWCLK, and SWDIO pins from the ST-LINK to the nucleo board using the ST MORPHO CN7. I installed the driver for ST-LINK V2 (STSW-LINK009), but I continue to get an No target device found error when debugging. I also removed the jumpers on CN2

Would you be able to elaborate? I have the VDD, GND, SWCLK, and SWDIO pins from the ST-LINK to the nucleo board using the ST MORPHO CN7. I installed the driver for ST-LINK V2 (STSW-LINK009), but I continue to get an No target device found error when debugging. I also removed the jumpers on CN2

TDK
Guru

The nucleo board has a built-in programmer. Is there a reason you're not just using that?

You can program it externally, but you need to ensure the onboard programmer is disconnected.

Is the board powered?

Can STM32CubeProgrammer connect? What target voltage does it detect?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The nucleo board works with no problems with the built in programmer. I am not using that because I will be using ST-LINK to debug/program using SWD on a custom board so I would like to see what it takes. The board is power using the USB connector on the board. I am using STM32CUBEIDE and it sees the ST-LINK and the target voltage is 3.3V. Do you have additional info on how to ensure the onboard programmer is disconnected? The USB i am using to power the board is not connected to my computer.

RSmal.2
Associate II

I figured it out. I was unaware that NRST needed to be wired as well. This fixed the issue.