cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve this error "Failed to start GDB server"?

Associate III

I get an error pop up saying "Error in final launch sequence: and Failed to start GDB server?

How do I troubleshoot this error?

0693W00000AO3hfQAD.png

3 REPLIES 3
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Member,

I would like to ask you if you are using some of ST developments boards and with which software you have this connection problem. Did you try to connect to the board via STM32CubeProgrammer? If you are using some of the ST board are you using it for the first time or this problem occur after some with it was already done? I am aware that it is lots of questions, but I would like get familiar with your current setup so I could provide you better information about possibilities what could be wrong. If you have already find an answer, please share it. It could be useful for other community members with the same problem. I will look forward to hear from you again.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Member​ ,

Besides to what was asked or suggested by @Petr DAVID​ , please have a look to the article Why my STM32 doesn't start?

Almost all the possible reasons that may prevent your STM32 MCU from working properly are described there.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

GFrid.2
Associate II

Check for proper placement of the target board's power supply jumper, often labeled with selections: E5V, STLK, USB.