cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect STLink in Nucleo-L496ZG Board

SK.22
Associate II

Hi Team,

I'm using Nucleo - L496ZG board in our project.

Whenever I connect the USB cable to the CN1 connector, the ST-Link isn't detected.

I have checked the ports on Device Manager and it shows Jlink instead of ST-Link.

I am attaching the image for your reference. Awaiting for your response!

SK22_0-1712138235200.png

Thanks & Regards, 

Sneha K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@SK.22 wrote:

I have checked the ports on Device Manager and it shows Jlink instead of ST-Link.

Segger have a utility to convert an on-board ST-Link to an on-board J-Link - looks like this has been done to your board?

Obviously, after converting the ST-Link to a J-Link, it will no longer be detected as an ST-Link!

If you want to go back to using it as an ST-Link, the Segger utility can also be used to convert back

Addendum:

https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/other-j-links/st-link-on-board/

Or, as @Pavel A. said, just carry on and use it as a J-Link (subject to the Segger Ts & Cs - see the above link)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Check if you're using a data cable and not a charging cable

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Can it be because someone has updated the ST-LINK firmware to J-LINK?

If so just tell the debugger that you have J-LINK and enjoy.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@SK.22 wrote:

Segger have a utility to convert an on-board ST-Link to an on-board J-Link - looks like this has been done to your board?

Obviously, after converting the ST-Link to a J-Link, it will no longer be detected as an ST-Link!

If you want to go back to using it as an ST-Link, the Segger utility can also be used to convert back

Addendum:

https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/other-j-links/st-link-on-board/

Or, as @Pavel A. said, just carry on and use it as a J-Link (subject to the Segger Ts & Cs - see the above link)

SK.22
Associate II

Hi Andrew and Pavel,

Thanks for the solution.

Cheers! It works now, and it is now changed to ST-Link.

Thanks!

It is data cable only.

I misunderstood your issue. I thought you have two devices connected to your PC: JLINK and STLINK and only JLINK is shown in the device list. Sorry for that.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It's ok no issues!

SK.22
Associate II

Hi there,

I'm facing another issue,

After switching from ST-Link to J-Link, the SWV is disabled, as shown in the image below.

SK22_0-1712224061744.png

How to see the live data? Kindly share your ideas on this.

Thanks!

For a new issue, please start a new thread - so that the title matches the actual topic of the discussion.