cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I am unable to detect my STM32L4Q5 MCU with ST-Link V2. Do I need to buy the ST Link V3? How do I interface it with the JTAG/SWD programming port? I thought that STM32L4P5 and Q5 family were retro-pintopin-compatible with previous L4 families?

VNado.1
Associate III

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VNado.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

ST answered me back and apparently ST-link utility is now obselete and does not support these MCU. The new STM32CubeProgrammer worked with the chip!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

A real/authentic one?

Should be able to work with current firmware.

Watch for powering buffers with VTarget

Pretty much need SWDIO, SWCLK, NRST, SWO, VCC, GND to get it working effectively.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
VNado.1
Associate III

I think I have all of this except SWO, what is it? My VCC is 3.3V

I'm using a classic stand-alone ST-LINK/V2 with L011, L432 and L4R9 parts, so L4 / L4+ should be viable

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Is the ST-LINK firmware up to date?

It is the JTAG TDO / PB3 pin, can be used to implement the Serial Wire Viewer functionality, an equivalent to the Debug Communication Channel of the older ARM's

http://blog.atollic.com/cortex-m-debugging-introduction-to-serial-wire-viewer-swv-event-and-data-tracing

I have just updated the ST-Link firmware to V2.J33.S7 (latest)

However I see that on the  STM32L4P5G-DK development board they have included the STLINK-V3E. Is it due to compatibility or simply to showcase their latest programmer?

Is the SWO pin absolutely necessary if I don't use the Serial Wire Viewer? My PB3 pin is already used for something else

Most likely because it is 2020 and not 2010​