cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! I have a nucleo-f042 board and notices something funny. When I use a usb hub or my docking station I get the "No ST-Link detected." Strangely I am still able to re-flash the firmware and see it's serial number in the Cube IDE.

RIvan.3
Associate

4 REPLIES 4

And?

Issues with docking stations and USB hubs has been a long standing issue with STM32 / ST-LINK, it's top of the list in my responses to most questions about failed connections, along with poor quality and charging cables with no data wires.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The debugger of CubeIDE and CubeProgrammer have different software interfaces to access ST-LINK. One of them is goofier than another.

Another frequent mistake: before connecting to the ST-LINK, make sure that other programs are NOT accessing it. Only one program can connect to ST-LINK (unless you're using "shared" mode which is advanced)

RIvan.3
Associate

I am positive that other programs are not using it. It's a matter of changing the usb the St-Link is connected from the docking station to directly the laptop and it is working. But the other way around I get the error. I was wondering if there is a workaround for this? My laptop is really limited in usbs and I'm working on a project that would require a rs485 network and would like to re-flash each chip on the fly instead of unplugging and re-plugging one board at a time, all the time.

AScha.3
Chief II

i tried now on my pc (runs on Linux MX ) : one STlink on USB connected, then second STlink attached ->

test debug in STM32cubeIDE

• STlink direct at USB : ok.
  • STlink at USB hub (old usb1): ok.
  • STlink at USB hub (hi speed, usb2, 480Mbit) : ok.
  • STlink at (cheap standard 12Mbit) USB hub : ok.

so i think, try another hub or use other system.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".