cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the benefit of using STM32U575QGI6Q verion: dedicated pinout supporting SMPS step-down converter? I know the datasheet has pinout etc.. Is there any app notes like AN4978 for STM32U5? Thanks

EHD
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMYL
ST Employee

Hello,

SMPS when used as a power supply source allows lower current consumption than LDO. Refer to section 5.3.5 Supply current characteristics of DS13737 Eev 6.

I don't think that a document like AN4978 will give additional useful information since all measurements of power consumption are given in the section above. AN4978 is dedicated to external SMPS versus internal SMPS and LDO for L4 series. The STM32U5 Series in contrary has no external SMPS (only internal SMPS and/or LDO).

Best Regards,

Younes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
S.Ma
Principal

Overall builtin smps main purpose is to be more power then cost efficient as this product is from the ultra low power family.

CMYL
ST Employee

Hello,

SMPS when used as a power supply source allows lower current consumption than LDO. Refer to section 5.3.5 Supply current characteristics of DS13737 Eev 6.

I don't think that a document like AN4978 will give additional useful information since all measurements of power consumption are given in the section above. AN4978 is dedicated to external SMPS versus internal SMPS and LDO for L4 series. The STM32U5 Series in contrary has no external SMPS (only internal SMPS and/or LDO).

Best Regards,

Younes

CMYL
ST Employee

I mean LDO only or LDO + Internal SMPS :)