cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, i am new in this community. Is there anybody who use the SWO console on the Nucleo-STM32U575 ? Because I can't get it to work I add the write finction : int _write(int file, char *ptr, int len) // printf function Thank you

Echel.1
Associate II

14 REPLIES 14

0693W00000NsedXQAR.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Elio,

Can you load the hex file provided by Clive (@Community member​: thanks for your help �� ) and check that your able to see the ITM logs on your setup?

Regarding your program, can you display the value of SystemCoreClock in the debugger after SystemClock_Config and check this value is aligned with ClockCore value for the SWV in the debug configuration?

On your board, can you check that SB44 is present (SB44 is on the bottom close to PA0)? A solder bridge should be present.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Echel.1
Associate II

Hello Clive,

Thank you for your example which works perfectly.

When I redid a small project to test the execution of the ITM_SendChar function alone, I misconfigured the clock and that is why the ITM_SendChar function did not work.

The printf didn't work because I didn't add the \r\n characters so I had to wait about 8s before all the emits characters were displayed.

But now everything works correctly.

Thank you very much again for your precious help.

elio

Echel.1
Associate II

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your help which contributed to the resolution of my problem.

Elio

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Well done Elio. Would you please mark this issue as solved by selecting the best answer?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.