cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use ST-LINK/V2 from a Windows 11 machine?

tamirmichael1975
Associate II

Hello,

Is there a way to use a ST-LINK/V2 from a Windows 11 machine? The device is not recognized when I connect it to the computer. The specifications indicate that the official support does not exceed Windows 10. The latest drivers have successfully been installed on my computer but the ST-LINK/V2 is not recognized. I tried to manually install the .inf file too, but to no avail.

EDIT: I got it to work by programming my board via a STM32F1 Discovery board (used as a programmer) circumventing the ST-LINK/V2 entirely.

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III

Yes, it is fully supported. Just install the current driver supplied with STM32CubeIDE or STM32 CubeProgrammer, not the old stuff from .zip files. Are you sure you have the legitimate ST-Link? The ST drivers may detect the hacked serial number and refuse to work with illegal clones.

tamirmichael1975
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

I started with an installed STM32CubeIDE/Programmer that did not work, later I did indeed install the .zip file you mentioned. My ST-LINK/V2 used to work before I upgraded to Windows 11. No idea, though, whether it is a legitimate device.