cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Design review] STM32F0 custom board design

Tinou88
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner in electronics design but I'd like to create my own PCB.
I've designed a schematic around the STM32F0 microcontroller and would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have.

The setup involves a board with one transmitter and five receivers, along with diodes to create a mini-game, nothing fancy here as the point is mainly to tinker with STM32 MCU.

Few comments :
I've included ESD diodes as the receivers/emitter will likely come into contact with the external environment.
I'll handle user button debouncing in software.
The whole system is powered by a VCC=3V3.

I'm attaching a photo of my electronic schematic so please let me know if there are any errors, missing components, or possible improvements. 

I'm looking forward for your feedbacks, thank you so much in advance for your help!

Tinou88_0-1714752030298.png

4 REPLIES 4
MNapi
Senior III

The reset pin (NRST) is connect with an 100nF capacitor to GND to filter noise, so it does not reset on its own

Looks reasonable..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You need a capacitor of 100nF on NRST/GND.

For this kind of review/check you can refer to the AN4080 "Getting started with STM32F0x1/x2/x8
hardware development" / Figures 11, 12 & 13 depending on your STM32F0 device.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Tinou88
Associate

Thank you all for your feedbacks! Here's the list of modifications I've made :

1. Added a 100nF capacitor between NRST and ground as advised.
  2. Corrected the buzzer circuit.
  3. Added a hardware debouncing circuit for user button (though I'm not entirely confident about this part...).

Could you please take a final look before I move on to the PCB routing phase?

SofLit: Thank you for the hardware guide ! Just check it all and it seems that I'm all good now. Will be very useful for more advanced projects.

Thanks again for your support!

Tinou88_0-1714805592518.png