cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H753ZI - PIN A2 - ADC

TVan .8
Associate III

Hi,

I'm using the H753ZI board with 26 ADC inputs on ADC1 & ADC3.
The ADC pins run in DMA circular mode and all inputs seem to work fine except one pin: PA2

PA2 is configured like the other pins: Analog mode, no pull-up and no pull-down

TVan8_0-1714667877397.png

But the pin seems to be connected to the 3V3 pin on CN11. There is only a 1.5k resistance between the two pins, so it looks like it's in pull up mode. When PA2 is not connected to anything, it's at 3.3V. How could this be? Should I put it in pull down mode? Should I connect an external pull down resistor?

I'm driving the ADC pins with an opamp in voltage follower mode as a buffer. With 0V input on the opamp +in, the output of the opamp and pin PA2 go to 0.25V. I'ts not that big of a problem, the ADC still works but it lowers the sensitivity of that pin

I have two boards and both show the same behavior on PA2 (with the same software, so it might be a bug in my software). 

2 REPLIES 2
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

PA2 can have many functions ...

I would do a simple test : make a new project, just with set : clock tree , debug , ADC on PA2 .

Then check whats on the pin with opamp (= low , gnd level) and you know : hardware or software problem.

+

check first, without power, is there some resistance to VDD or next pin ...? (except the protection diodes)

btw

I use (on H743ZI , H733, H7A3) also PA2 as ADC input, no problem ever.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TVan .8
Associate III

Thx, great idea. I will try this and post the results