cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU is getting stuck in HAL_GetTick() for any example project/application on STM32H750B-DK

Sudhir_Sure
Associate

Hello,

we are using STM32CubeIDE v1.14 & STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0 for STM32H750B-DK discovery kit.

whenever we try to flash any application (LTDC_Paint) or GPIO_Toggle or any example project, binary is getting flashed but CPU is getting stuck in HAL_GetTick() in MT48LC4M32B2_Delay() function always when we try to debug the firmware using on-board STLINK.

Please suggest way forward to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Satya Sudhir

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

Go into your system_stm32h7xx.c file and uncomment the line with the following:

#define USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @TDK,

There is no such macro "USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS" in the project.

Below are the macros that are disabled by default in system_stm32h7xx.c:

/************************* Miscellaneous Configuration ************************/

/*!< Uncomment the following line if you need to use external SDRAM mounted

on DISCO board as data memory */

/*#define DATA_IN_ExtSDRAM*/

/*!< Uncomment the following line if you need to use initialized data in D2 domain SRAM */

/* #define DATA_IN_D2_SRAM */

/*!< Uncomment the following line if you need to relocate your vector Table in

Internal SRAM. */

/* #define VECT_TAB_SRAM */

#define VECT_TAB_OFFSET 0x00000000UL /*!< Vector Table base offset field.

This value must be a multiple of 0x200. */

/******************************************************************************/

Please suggest way forward.

May I know the reason why tick is not getting incremented in the default SDK project (without any changes) ?

Thanks,

Satya Sudhir

Oh, this is an example project. Hmm, not sure. They should be working. Certainly GPIO_Toggle should be simple enough to go through and debug. Or creating a new project from CubeMX and testing HAL_Delay would be informative.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SofLit
ST Employee

Hallo,

That's strange.

Any example provided in STM32CubeH7 should work without any modification.

Are you sure the board you are using were not modified? Did you test with a second board?

At least GPIO_Toggle example should work.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
jrrossi
Associate II

I'm having exactly the same issue with the same board, but with a newer firmware version, STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.2

This is the call stack:

jrrossi_0-1720374885458.png

The example is being build without any modification.

Hi,

Can you try lower the SysTick priority to 0 and other to > 1?

AyoubCheggari_0-1720538975949.png

That might work as it works for me!

Ayoub

jrrossi
Associate II

The BSP project for the STM32H750B-DK kit doesn't come with a .ioc file.

I changed the SysTick interrupt priority to 0, but still hanging on the HAL_Delay.

It's just really weird, the most basic demo project of the kit simply does not work out of the box.

If even the ST engineers struggle to get this kit running, how am I supposed to learn how to use it?

So you have SysTick interrupt priority set to 0 and all others > 1? can you please make a screenshot of your NVIC config?

jrrossi
Associate II

As I said, the BSP project does not come with an .ioc file, so I can't configure it with MX.

What I did was:

jrrossi_0-1720715409307.png

still no luck...

If I start a new project using MX, the systick works fine, so I'm sure the board is not defective.