cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change settings on STM32 ST-Link Utility

Jonathan Camilleri_2
Associate II
Posted on January 09, 2018 at 17:42

I am trying to change the settings on the STM32 ST-Link Utility, jhowever, the software seems to be freezing. I also installed it on another computer and it still doesn't seem to work. The problem is shown in the attached screen shot. Any suggestions as to why?

#st-link-v2 #stm32-st-link-utility #st-link-utility-problem
20 REPLIES 20
Posted on January 11, 2018 at 22:46

thanks!

Jonathan Camilleri
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 09:08

I tried both a new programmer and also one from a Nucleo board. None of them worked.

:(

Not sure how to proceed.
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 09:15

Please share some details  - is the software still freezing?

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 09:18

With the new programmer it is still freezing like before, not letting me change the settings, and then not establishing connection.

With the programmer from the board it is not even detecting it. I am sure it is powered and connected properly. As if nothing is connected at all.
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 09:22

I am concluding that there might be a problem with the software application even though I hadn't changed anything related to it.

Posted on January 15, 2018 at 18:13

Looked again into my notes:

-is the st-link discovered by the Device Manager?

-have you rebooted the pc  - how do you recover from the freezing state? Do you kill the app in the Task Manager?

-in the history of this case I can see that you were able to update the firmware - do see any changes since then? What happened since then? Is this the same PC?, Did you install new software e.g. AV, Bit9?

-usb cable replaced?

Try to look what happened, what changed, do not assume anything, put the pc in the clean state (reboot), be systematic...

I do not want to spam here...

toby2
Senior
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 18:29

for what it is worth, I just came across this problem when trying to work out why my stlinkV2-Isol was not working (another thead,

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkXDFSA3

), if I tried to change to hot plug or connect under reset it froze like you say.

My problem was invalid connections to the target (not all the 0V pins can be used on the -Isol), when I corrected this it works fine again. (ie no freezing on mode change)

Posted on January 16, 2018 at 16:48

I managed to get it to work once I connected to a different ground pin.

Pajdoom
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2018 at 08:07

I have same problem ....another HW (same DPS) is working, this (CPU is Factory clean) not connected. After Connect application freezed, and i must dis/con to NB ....