cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader on UART1

snehadakhare01
Associate III

Hi St-family

I'm encountering a problem transferring a bin file via UART on my Stm32f103c8t6. While UART3 functions correctly with a USB TTL converter, UART1 doesn't seem to establish a connection.

• I've verified the connections between the device's UART1 pins (TX and RX) and the USB TTL converter.
  • I'm using the appropriate baud rate settings on both the device and the terminal software.snehadakhare01_0-1718184993732.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @snehadakhare01 ,

Make sure that BOOT0 is High.

Check that you are properly connecting the pins supported by the bootloader, as described in AN2606 STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode - Application note.

This video "STM32 boot and startup tips - 2 Embedded bootloader investigations" described some aspects related to the boot process and bootloader management.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @snehadakhare01 ,

Make sure that BOOT0 is High.

Check that you are properly connecting the pins supported by the bootloader, as described in AN2606 STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode - Application note.

This video "STM32 boot and startup tips - 2 Embedded bootloader investigations" described some aspects related to the boot process and bootloader management.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen.D 

Bootloader status was set like this

snehadakhare01_0-1718255445479.png

When TTL Rx and TX are connect to PA9 and PA10 (UART3) it is working 
But I  want to connect TX and RX to PB6 and PB7(UART1) of Bluepill that time it is showing error

snehadakhare01_1-1718256093504.png

Connection

TTL                         Bluepill
                  TX                           PB7(Rx)
                  RX                           PB6(Tx)
                  VCC=3.3                            VCC=3.3
                 GND                           GND