cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE on STWINBX1

Hi,

I need to design a mobile app to send a few informations to my STEVAL STWINBX1 board using BLE.
I saw  lot of resources on the wiki,  but they all refer to STM32WB series.

For examples, I would like to follow an application note like this one.

(AN5289: How to build wireless applications with STM32WB MCUs).

I just wanted to know if I can follow this application note even if my board is not from STM32WB family.

Thanks you

2 REPLIES 2
Danialvettori007
Associate

Yes, you can still reference application notes such as AN5289 ("How to build wireless applications with STM32WB MCUs") even if your board is not from the STM32WB family. While the application note may focus on STM32WB MCUs specifically, many of the concepts and techniques discussed, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication, can be applied to other BLE-enabled devices and platforms, including your STEVAL STWINBX1 board.

Although the specific implementation details may vary between different hardware platforms, the fundamental principles of BLE communication and application development remain consistent. You can use the information provided in the application note as a guide to understanding BLE communication protocols, establishing connections, exchanging data, and implementing features in your mobile app to communicate with your STEVAL STWINBX1 board over BLE.

While you may need to adapt some aspects of the code and configuration to suit the specifications and capabilities of your board, the general principles outlined in the application note should still be valuable for developing your mobile app to send information to your STEVAL STWINBX1 board using BLE. Additionally, you may find resources specific to your board or platform that can complement the information provided in the application note.

Ok, 

Thanks for these useful informations. I'll follow this application note to learn more about BLE !