cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance Needed: Powering Nucleo U575 Board via USB-C from Power Bank

Devilal
Associate

I am currently utilizing the Nucleo U575 board for a proof-of-concept endeavor. My aim is to power up the board via an external power supply input. Specifically, I've opted to use the 5V_USB_C from the USB Type-C® connector (CN15) for this purpose.

I've made the necessary adjustments to the jumpers on the board. When I connect the board to a PC using a USB-C type connector, it functions flawlessly, drawing approximately 60~70mA current.

However, when I connect the board to a power bank (specifically, the 10000mAh Ultra Compact 22.5W QC+PD Power Bank from urbnworld.com) via a USB-C type connector, the power bank supplies power to the board for approximately 30 seconds before shutting off.

It's worth noting that the power bank is charged and operational when connected to phones.

My query pertains to whether I need to enable UCPD (USB Type-C Power Delivery) in order to draw power from the power bank successfully.

In essence, my goal is to connect the power bank to the board using a USB-C connector and power on the board.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on this matter.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Devilal wrote:

However, when I connect the board to a power bank (specifically, the 10000mAh Ultra Compact 22.5W QC+PD Power Bank from urbnworld.com) via a USB-C type connector, the power bank supplies power to the board for approximately 30 seconds before shutting off.

Thank you.

That's probably intended behaviour of the Power Bank - lots of them (especially around 10Ah+) will shut down when they perceive that there "no" (sic) load connected.

Probably, your 60~70mA is seen by the Power Bank as "no" load.

Added:

@Devilal wrote:

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on this matter.

Thank you.

Try a (much) smaller power bank (eg, 1Ah), or alkalines ...

Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

This forum thread was marked by the moderator as needing a little more investigation, so a Support case was created in your name and will be handled off-line.