cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart vision with STM32H743ZI2

PavanKaruchola1
Associate II

In the context of a research project, I am using the STM32H743ZI2 microcontroller for object detection. However, I lack prior experience with camera interfacing and configuration. I am using a B-CAMS-OMV camera module. 

Therefore, I would be grateful for any relevant references or guidance to facilitate the successful implementation of this aspect of the project.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @PavanKaruchola1 ,

As shown in the below figure, the camera module is connected to the DCMI through the following signal types:
• DCMI clock and data signals
• I2C configuration signals

KDJEM1_0-1710406782110.png

For that, it is necessary to refer to the Camera module and to the board Schematics and MCU datasheet and check the required pins for this connection.

To find the required pins used to connect B-CAMS-OMV module with an MCU you can refer to UM2779.

This connection made with CN2 connector as shown in the below table.

KDJEM1_1-1710406804653.png

To find the required pins used to connect STM32H743 with an camera module, I advise you to refer to the datasheet and search the pins of DCMI clock and data signals and I2C configuration signals.

Also you can find the pins connection of Nucleo-H743ZI2 with an camera module by using STM32CubeMX, choose Nucleo-H743ZI2 then enable DCMI.

KDJEM1_2-1710412090185.png

KDJEM1_3-1710412110134.png

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @PavanKaruchola1,

To start with Digital Camera Interface, I recommend you to take a look at  AN5020. This application note gives to the STM32 users some basic concepts, with easy-to-understand explanations of the features, architecture, and configuration of the DCMI. It is supported by an extensive set of detailed examples.

Then, I advise you to start with an available Object detection example. This application has been tasted on STM32H747I-DISCO with B-CAMS-OMV camera daughter board. 

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Kaouthar 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your response sir, I have already used STM32H747I-DISCO with B-CAMS-OMV with FP-VISION1-AI package. My query is about the pin connections between NucleoH743ZI2 and B-CAMS-OMV, is any ZIP connector required to attach to the board, or is SPI communication enough? It would be great if I could get any example projects that integrate B-CAMS-OMV with NucleoH743ZI2.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @PavanKaruchola1 ,

As shown in the below figure, the camera module is connected to the DCMI through the following signal types:
• DCMI clock and data signals
• I2C configuration signals

KDJEM1_0-1710406782110.png

For that, it is necessary to refer to the Camera module and to the board Schematics and MCU datasheet and check the required pins for this connection.

To find the required pins used to connect B-CAMS-OMV module with an MCU you can refer to UM2779.

This connection made with CN2 connector as shown in the below table.

KDJEM1_1-1710406804653.png

To find the required pins used to connect STM32H743 with an camera module, I advise you to refer to the datasheet and search the pins of DCMI clock and data signals and I2C configuration signals.

Also you can find the pins connection of Nucleo-H743ZI2 with an camera module by using STM32CubeMX, choose Nucleo-H743ZI2 then enable DCMI.

KDJEM1_2-1710412090185.png

KDJEM1_3-1710412110134.png

I hope this help you!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @PavanKaruchola1 ,

Has your request been answered?

If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to share it .

Thank you.

Kaouthar.