cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating CubeIDE to version 1.4.0 (Linux), the debugger does not work.

AKova.2
Associate II

0693W000003BtojQAC.pngAfter updating CubeIDE to version 1.4.0 (Linux), the debugger does not work.

A window appears

"ST-LINK firmware verification"

in which there is a message - "STLink server is required to launch the debug session".

How to fix it?

29 REPLIES 29

And I have this problem...

Wasted a lot of time and didn’t get results. Reinstalling the program didn’t work.

Even pre-installation of the operating system did not work. The result is the same (!!! ???).

I tried to install through the Discover program, the program does not see STLink at all, although the system sees it (lsusb) ...

I don't know what to do anymore ...

Dick Mincher
Associate III

Same problem for me on OSX Catalina with 1.4.0 update.

S.Ma
Principal

1.4.1 is the latest and greatest version...

Thanks .

It doesn't show up on the update list in the IDE (yet?). I've switched to a SEGGER for now. I'll check for updates again later or manually update. Hopefully that fixes it.

S.Ma
Principal

Once you get a working version stick with it to progress on your task at hand. I was told some automotive projects refrain from upgrading once ready to start...

Plum
Associate II

Same issue here on OSX, appeared after 1.4.0 update. stlink-server v1.3.0-4 (2020-01-29-14:18). Can we please have a fix for this?

AKova.2
Associate II

I managed to install version 1.3.0. It works.

But when upgrading to 1.4.1, the problem is restored.

I will wait for the next update.

AKova.2
Associate II

Update 1.4.2 is the same.:|

AKova.2
Associate II

When trying to start ST-LINK_gdbserver - error

ST-LINK_gdbserver: error while loading shared libraries: libSTLinkUSBDriver.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Should there be a folder with STLink in the plugins folder?

I have not it.