cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the M7 and M4 core switching in STM32H747i-DISC0

Pavankumar1_
Associate II

I am working with STM32H747i-DISCO discovery board, is it possible to switch between M7 and M4 core? like if I configure UART peripheral with M7 core and can I able to switch that peripheral to work with M4 core? 

4 REPLIES 4
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Pavankumar1_ 

Using CubeMX, you can simply switch the peripheral context between cores.

FBelaid_1-1700046807743.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavankumar1_
Associate II

Thank for the replay @FBL 

By using CubeMX we can switch between the cores, But after code generation can we able to switch between cores dynamically as per the requirement.

The peripherals are accessible from both cores, you'd have to manage the transition of control between them.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBL
ST Employee

Indeed, you can switch using HSEM semaphore. You can try the example from cube firmware to share resources for instance USART1 between cores STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.1\Projects\STM32H747I-DISCO\Applications\ResourcesManager\ResourcesManager_SharedResources

While debugging try to enable multiple core debug.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.