cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO Virtual Com via USART to arduino

wjian.2
Associate II

if I configure the USART and use HAL_UART_Transmit. The UART to USB bridge is taken care of by the ST-Link chip.

Could i use the VCP on the board is on PA9/PA10(pin D14 and pin D15 to rx and tx to arduino) and use digital.read on arduino to get the information of char[] like tipo "%s %.0f%%"?

wjian2_0-1690904059020.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, D14/D15 are ball numbers on the BGA, not pins on the Arduino rail connection.

To use D0/D1 serial you'd need to use UART8 (PJ8 / PJ9), and then actively forward the traffic too/from the ST-LINK VCP connection

h747i_disco_arduino_hdr_001.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, D14/D15 are ball numbers on the BGA, not pins on the Arduino rail connection.

To use D0/D1 serial you'd need to use UART8 (PJ8 / PJ9), and then actively forward the traffic too/from the ST-LINK VCP connection

h747i_disco_arduino_hdr_001.jpg

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @wjian.2,

VCP is linked to an instance of USART and physically mapped Pins. Otherwise, you may use another board as VCP.

You may need to check the user manual for the instance linked to the virtual com port. Also, you need to refer to the datasheet to configure the related mapped pins. 

Is that somehow clear?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Excellent, that did solve my problem.

The ST-LINK/V3 VCP being linked to USART1 (PA9 / PA10)