cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work on a MSI-notebook where memory integrity not working on Windows 11 due to the sttub30 driver (ST Microelectronics; version: 3.0.5.0; P/N: generic STM USBdriver). Can somebody provide me with an updated version of that driver file (STTub30.sys

HStri.1
Associate

24 REPLIES 24
GHars.1
Associate

I have a Samsung Laptop with windows !! and have the same issue. STTUB30.SYS (ST MICROELECTRONICS; VERSION: 3.0.5.0; PUBLISHED NAME: OEM9.INF

RSpic.1
Associate

I too have the exact same problem with this driver and version. Can someone from ST please provide a link to a file location so we may download and correct this issue.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Normally, this problem should not occur on a PC or notebook that was purchased normally and not equipped with ST software for developing microcontroller applications. In this respect, the manufacturer of the PC/notebook would be the right contact person who would have to eliminate this problem.

However, if you want to help yourself, you could deactivate this typically unneeded software:

• launch "Device Manager"
  • in the View menu, select "Show hidden devices"
  • find the device associated with oem77.inf (it might done by selecting "Device by driver" in View menu
  • right click on this oem77 - does it offer an option to remove the device? If yes, remove it.
  • you'll maybe need to reboot the machine afterwards

We would be pleased if you would paste the result here and even more pleased if you would ask the respective manufacturer of the PC/notebook to remove the software from the standard installation.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AGogg.1
Associate II

Hi, my oem77 driver shows igcc_dch.inf, not sttub30.sys. I searched for sttub30.sys and found it in c:\windows\system32 and deleted it (made a backup of it first), and now with the file missing, my computer hangs (with the msi logo over black screen) when I shut it down and windows memory integrity keeps telling me I need to restart no matter how many times I do. I think I need an up to date sttub30.sys driver and can't find it anywhere. Please help.

One more thing: I've seen in a few forums that people have needed to download the more current version of sttub30.sys from GitHub here: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_dfuse/blob/master/Driver/Win8.1/x86/x86/STTub30.sys

But I don't feel comfortable downloading it there, even though some say it's safe. I would like to get it straight from STM. Some say it was deleted from this site?

As I said, if I just delete the file from c:\windows\system32\drivers, my computer hangs on restart, and it still doesn't enable windows memory integrity. So if I don't get the replacement file, just deleting it is not a fix.

The OEM77 is a generic name that's unique to a specific system, yours is likely to be different, grep the files if you at some point downloaded from WHQL, or presented a driver disc, etc.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-stm32080.html ?

There's x86 and x64 drivers that unpack

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.6\Bin\Driver\Win10\x64\STTub30.sys

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Very suspicious, looks like malware. Have you backed up the sys file on other machine or removable drive? Check its signature.

Yes I have the file. If I right click > properties > digital signatures, it shows two, one from STMicroelectronics and one from Microsoft. It says they are ok. MSI sent me this link for a fix (seems like many others have the same problem): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sttub30sys-stmicroelectronics-incompatible-driver/9acf3a29-6069-4418-8ddf-72f9551ded8d

The only thing is I don't really want to download the file from GitHub so I was hoping to get it here from the original source or figure out how to delete the driver if it's not needed.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused at "grep the files", and I never downloaded a usb driver for this computer.

Is the software in this link the updated driver? I'm not sure what "DfuSE USB Programming" is. What is DfuSe? I downloaded it but I'm not feeling totally confident running the .exe file, definitely don't want to make things worse.

All this I don't understand: "It includes the DFU driver compatible with the latest Microsoft®OS.

DfuSe utility can be used to interact with the STM32 system memory bootloader or any In-Application Programming (IAP) firmware, running from the user Flash, thus allowing internal memories programming through USB."

I'm not sure what STM32 bootloader is but I do know a little about firmware and flash is and it makes me nervous to tinker with it. Are you sure I should run this?

I was kind of hoping to just get rid of the driver. I downloaded autoruns for windows and unchecked the box next to sttub30.sys under the drivers tab, but the memory integrity section in windows security is still showing sttub30.sys as an incompatible driver.

Any reassurance or help is appreciated!