cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ST25PC-NFC program crashing on windows 10?

NZama.1
Associate III

I am using ST25DV64KC and ST25PC-NFC v 2.61 on my pc with windows 10. The software opens just for few seconds and then closes by itself. I have installed it thrice. I tried restarting my pc as well but nothing helped. Kindly let me know what can i do to use the software. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

this error comes from a conflict between the different DLLs installed by Windows. In some versions of Windows 10, DLLs necessary for the ST25PC SW application are missing.

Please download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This will correct crash issue.

Best regards,

NFC Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

this error comes from a conflict between the different DLLs installed by Windows. In some versions of Windows 10, DLLs necessary for the ST25PC SW application are missing.

Please download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This will correct crash issue.

Best regards,

NFC Customer Support

Thank you so much for your response. It worked now. But I am, now getting a dialogue box saying no reader is detected. The discovery board I am using is ST25DV64KC-DISCO. Is this board suitable for the software ST25PC-NFC? If no, then which software to use?
Here is the screen shot of the error.

Hello,

to use the ST25PC SW, you will need a RF NFC reader such as ST25R3911B-DISCO or ST25R3916-DISCO.

For your information, the ST25DV64KC-DISCO is a kit based on STM32 Nucleo board and a ST25DV64K dynamic tag to demonstrate the usage of ST25DV64K communication with the STM32 through I2C and also communication through RF.

To play with ST25DV64K-DISCO kit through RF, you can use the ST25PC SW with one of this reader, you can also use the ST Android apps (ST NFC Taps) or the iPhone compatible apps (NFC Tap).

Best regards,

NFC Customer support

Hey, Can you please help me with using ST25DV64KC board. With stm32L4F6VGT6 core M 4 processor.
I want to do NFC communication. I couldn't find anything on the internet or youtube about how to program it.
Somewhere, i read that we have to download the firmware for our board. And it contains everything.
I downloaded the firmware source of my Board from the ST community website. But when I run it it gives me errors. I am trying to resolve this issue from two to three days. But they are not completely removed. The software I am using is STM32 Cube IDE. I want to ask the following questions:
1) Is the firmware code the only way to do NFC Communication? And am I doing something wrong?
2) The IDE that I am using is Stm32 Cube IDE. Does the firmware code supports this? Or it is written for Keil?
3) Do the package contains file that should be removed in order to run it in Stm32 Cube ide.
I will be grateful if you can help me with my questions. Thank you very much.

Hello,

can you please create a new thread with all this question related to ST25DV64KC board (and not PC SW crash) and the correct title related to ST25DV64KC board ? With this new thread, I could direct you to the customer support which takes care of this subject.

Best regards,

NFC Customer support