cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why receive extra data from my from tag type 2 of BL654.

Bpana.1
Associate II

I have BL654 as a tag. When reading it from the ST-25 Android app it receives 992 as mentioned below. Whereas the write data size in the tag is only 14 bytes. Can you please explain this behavior?

-- Data receive on ST-25 Android App ---------

NFC type 2 Tag

CCLEN:4

Magic Number 0xE1

Mapping Version 10

Memory size of 992 bytes

Read Access 0

Write Access F

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank You,

Bhavin.

12 REPLIES 12
Bpana.1
Associate II

Hi Oliver,

It's really help full to me.

I am still wondering about difference in NFC Tool mobile app behaviour and ST25 mobile app behaviour. If you look at 9:00 sec then look at size it's say 18 Bytes.

Can you please give some information about ; how 18 Bytes are differ then 992 Bytes?

Thank you,

Bhavin.

Olivier L
ST Employee

Sorry, I don't know what is this difference.

Regards

Olivier

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

Imagine you are using a hard disk. This hard disk has a given size (let say 992). Inside this hard disk you have file with a given file size (let say 18 bytes).

The Capability Container contains information about the total available size ("the size of your hard disk", i.e 992 bytes). This is the information displayed in the CC FILE tab of the ST25NFCTap app

NFC Tool displays the size of current NDEF message ("the size of your file on the hard disk" i.e. 18 bytes).

As this is not an STMicroelectronics app, I would recommend you contact the provider of this app to have comprehensive information about it.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.