cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get Indepent and Clean NFC lib for MAC STM32CubeIDE?

Lwang1
Associate II

I have a device (base on STM32F030C8). Which use I2C to connect ESP32. we think maybe NFC is suit to it (for simple version) . So I buy a ST25DV_Discovery board to study how to import it.(It's NFC board also use I2C)

Use a ST25DV_DIscovery board. 

Use STM32CubeIDE

When I create a new project, I try to copy and add link lib_nfc in middlewares from ST25DV sample to my project. After file added to my project and build all.

There are so many error happen.

Common.h error, It's OK, I create minie from ST25DV sample.

In lib_95HF_wrapper.c so many error and undefined structure inside (DeviceMode_t, TagType_t). I remove it from lib

lib_NDEF_config.c include nfc04a1_nfctag.h, I can't find it anywhere.

Maybe i need is just a simple nfc lib . I try search nfc lib in ST. There are so many project base on some board. Where can I found some simple and board independent which communicate with ST25DV_Discovery_ANT_C5 board by I2C message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Lwang,

I'm in charge of developing the iOS NFC Tap application for our NFC Tag . I 'm trying to answer your questions related to iOS ...

1- iPhone since Xs uses NFC in background mode. So, your use case could work. for iphone prior to XS, user must activate the NFC manually in the control pannel of smartphone. Once activated, your use case will be ok.

2- AppClip uses an NDEF URL programmed in Tag. For ex, with iOS NFC Tap, we have configured AppClip with the URL "https://www.myst25.com/clip" . So if your tag contains this URL, AppClip will be used. Thus, you could trigger iOS App or AppClip

3- you have to develop an iOS app for that. Use our iOS NFC Tap source code as exemple, as it uses the ST25SDK for iOS.

4- Our iOS NFC Tap contains a demo of File Transfer Mode , for uploading a FW from iPhone into Discovery. BUT, it does not use the LLCP.

Hope it clarifies.

Feel free to comment.

Thx and br

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you detail which features you plan to use in your application e.g. mailbox etc.?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I am not sure which features I need. But I know my use case. It will cowork with an iOS application.

1. ​After iOS device close to the NFC board, NFC board trigger system's waking up or led lighting up. (maybe gpo I think.)
  2. After iOS device close to the NFC board, NDEF data trigger iOS application or app clip activated. (AAR record? )
  3. iOS device write data(some recipe) to NFC board, trigger system to work. ( Plain Text record?)
  4. Update firmware by NFC (maybe LLCP)

The third is most import function, we want use NFC to replace BLE.

Thx.

victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Lwang,

I'm in charge of developing the iOS NFC Tap application for our NFC Tag . I 'm trying to answer your questions related to iOS ...

1- iPhone since Xs uses NFC in background mode. So, your use case could work. for iphone prior to XS, user must activate the NFC manually in the control pannel of smartphone. Once activated, your use case will be ok.

2- AppClip uses an NDEF URL programmed in Tag. For ex, with iOS NFC Tap, we have configured AppClip with the URL "https://www.myst25.com/clip" . So if your tag contains this URL, AppClip will be used. Thus, you could trigger iOS App or AppClip

3- you have to develop an iOS app for that. Use our iOS NFC Tap source code as exemple, as it uses the ST25SDK for iOS.

4- Our iOS NFC Tap contains a demo of File Transfer Mode , for uploading a FW from iPhone into Discovery. BUT, it does not use the LLCP.

Hope it clarifies.

Feel free to comment.

Thx and br