cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R95 Certification testing

MResa.1
Associate II

Hi,

I need to prepare three modes for the certification testing.
1) Always transmit modulated
2) Always transmit unmodulated
3) Always in receive mode.

For no 1, I think I can just set the protocol as an example ISO14443 / ISO15693 then read tag, right?
But I have no idea for no 2 and 3. Please help if ST25R95 is able to do it.

If there is example code will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Rezan  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

"Transmit unmodulated" is simply a constant carrier. This can be achieved by a ProtocolSelect command with any of the reader technologies (protocol code 01: ISO/IEC 15693, 02: ISO/IEC 14443-A, 03: ISO/IEC 14443-B or 04: FeliCa).

"Transmit modulated" is simply sending some data. This can be achieved by using a SendRecv command after a reader protocol has been selected.

"Always in receive mode" applies to two way radio transceivers like walkie-talkie (i.e. when not talking, the transceiver is in receive mode and the second device can transmit its carrier). This does not apply to NFC as the tag modulates its reply on the carrier transmitted by the NFC reader (i.e. the NFC Reader sends a carrier on which the tag reply will be received). Just ignore this test or put the reader in ready mode (i.e. protocolSelect(00: FieldOff))

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

"Transmit unmodulated" is simply a constant carrier. This can be achieved by a ProtocolSelect command with any of the reader technologies (protocol code 01: ISO/IEC 15693, 02: ISO/IEC 14443-A, 03: ISO/IEC 14443-B or 04: FeliCa).

"Transmit modulated" is simply sending some data. This can be achieved by using a SendRecv command after a reader protocol has been selected.

"Always in receive mode" applies to two way radio transceivers like walkie-talkie (i.e. when not talking, the transceiver is in receive mode and the second device can transmit its carrier). This does not apply to NFC as the tag modulates its reply on the carrier transmitted by the NFC reader (i.e. the NFC Reader sends a carrier on which the tag reply will be received). Just ignore this test or put the reader in ready mode (i.e. protocolSelect(00: FieldOff))

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks BT for the explanation.

Best Regards,
Rezan