Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916B

JeffFu
Associate II

Hi,
I have question for ST25R3916B
I am only using the ST25R3916B chip on its own. I have successfully set up SPI communication for reading and writing. Now, I need to understand how I can read from ST25TV02K data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

this is a very open question. If you are new to this community, I would suggest to read the Community guidelines in order to maximize your chance to find a solution and in order to follow the rules of this community.

Commands used for reading data from a tag such as ST25TV02K  are described in the tag datasheet (see ST25TV02K datasheet).

If you plan to use the ST25R95 as a reader, the sendReceive command is described in the ST25R95  datasheet (§5.6).

If you plan to use the ST25R3916B, you can use the rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock APi to read one block of data from the ST25TV02K. An example of this API can be found inside the X-CUBE-NFC6 package in demo_polling.c.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi JeffFu,

I recommend to use ST's RFAL for implementing any NFC protocols. The NFC-V is especially tricky on ST25R39xx devices as software needs to implement even the TX bit coding (1of4) and the RX bit decoding (manchester) using the streaming mode of ST25R39xx.

BR, Ulysses

Hi ,

I can't understand I just want to read ST25TV02K data,  Based on ISO/IEC 15693 protocol  by st25r3916b

can you tell me how to set register and read command.

thanks

Hi JeffFu,

I think you have two options:

1. Dive into the details of ISO15693 and its bit coding and decoding and look at DS to see how this can be implemented (or observe what RFAL is doing). Or...
  2. Just use our RFAL which already implements ISO15693 framing and commands.

Some more discussion can also be found here: https://community.st.com/t5/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-and-readers/i-m-trying-to-setup-a-x-nucleo-nfc05a1-with-an-arduino-mega-i/m-p/182560.

BR, Ulysses

Hi,

I've already reviewed the Datasheet . And I still don't know how to command and set register about reading the data from the ST25TV02K (or other transmitter) .

I don't know how to set the register status and don't even understand how to read the UID, let alone anything more complex. What should I do without ?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

well, in order to read data from the ST25TV02K with the ST25R3916B, you'll have to send ISO15693 commands such as READ SINGLE BLOCK. Such commands have to be built on MCU side and have to be bit coded on MCU side before being transferred to the ST25R3916B internal FIFO and then transmitted to the ST25TV02K. This is the typical service provided by the ST RFAL library running on the MCU. See X-CUBE-NFC6 for the RFAL Library (C sources). It can be ported on different ST or non ST MCU. Thanks to the RFAL, customers do not need to enter into technical details and this is the reason for strongly recommending to use the RFAL.

If you want to use a simpler interface where you can directly send ISO15693 commands, I would recommend to consider using the ST25R95: this device provides a simple sendReceive command where you can directly send ISO15693 commands and receive responses from the tag. 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Can you provide ISO15693 or ISO14443 commands?
Or any command to read the data.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

this is a very open question. If you are new to this community, I would suggest to read the Community guidelines in order to maximize your chance to find a solution and in order to follow the rules of this community.

Commands used for reading data from a tag such as ST25TV02K  are described in the tag datasheet (see ST25TV02K datasheet).

If you plan to use the ST25R95 as a reader, the sendReceive command is described in the ST25R95  datasheet (§5.6).

If you plan to use the ST25R3916B, you can use the rfalNfcvPollerReadSingleBlock APi to read one block of data from the ST25TV02K. An example of this API can be found inside the X-CUBE-NFC6 package in demo_polling.c.

Rgds

BT