cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 or 3917 with two antenna

ANaud.1
Associate II

Hi,

I was wondering if we can use the ST25R3916 or 3917 with two antenna. We connect one on the output/input of the RFO1/RFI1 and the other on the RF02/RFI2. Is that something possible ? I can't seem to find my answer in the datasheet.

Also, I want to know what is the major difference between 3916 and 3917, as they have the same datasheet.

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello ANaud.1,

please have also a look at AN5592 - "ST25R single ended antenna matching" appnote.

It could provide additional information about this topic.

Using the bit "rfo2" (Figure 12 of the mentioned application note) you could select between the two antennas.

br Travis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

H ANaud.1

please see table 1 of the datasheet for the differences between 3916 and 3917 (17 has no AAT, Card-Emulation and capacitive sensor).

For a bigger picture you may want to see also the slide 4 of ST25R3916_product_presentation-v1.0-Feb2019.pdf.

Yes it is possible to connect two antennas. Please see e.g. https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009bLV0iSAG/st25r3911b-with-two-antenna-in-single-ended-mode which talks about this possibility on ST25R3911B. But the concept and the bits are identical.

Best Regards, Ulysses

Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello ANaud.1,

please have also a look at AN5592 - "ST25R single ended antenna matching" appnote.

It could provide additional information about this topic.

Using the bit "rfo2" (Figure 12 of the mentioned application note) you could select between the two antennas.

br Travis