cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25 SDK 1.10.0 Dependency errors on Windows 10 - streader.dll

RGuys.1
Associate II

Hi! I am attempting to use the current 1.10.0 Java SDK on a windows 10 pro computer with JDK 1.8.0_144. (Java 😎 x86 - for use with ST25R3911-DISCO at first, and hopefully then the Feig USB reader.

0693W00000NqQU3QAN.pngI have carefully followed the st25pcdemoapp_...pdf document as well as created my own simple demonstration [pictured] and gotten the same result: "streader.dll: Can't find dependent libraries"

I have found the 2020 post with the same issue, and the linked zip file does not fix the problem. I have now used dependency walker to attempt to hunt down what is missing, which can be seen in the attached screenshots.

It appears there are a bunch of windows 10 SDK dlls that are not found, but I am so far unable to figure out where to find them to install them. The microsoft KBs appear to be for prior versions of windows.

0693W00000NqQTtQAN.png 

Any advice on resolving these dependency issues?

Thank you!

17 REPLIES 17
Damien G.
ST Employee

It looks like you have all the right files.

Please don't wipe your workstation 🙂

I started a Windows 11 VM and am now checking what files I need to make the PC app work.

I will come back to you with the results of my investigation but last I checked the msvc 1.2.0 were enough.

What version of the SDK are you using?

I am using the newest version of the SDK, which is the only one available for current download that I could find, 1.10.0

In the meantime I will try the steps on my laptop and additional desktop I have available now.

Windows 10 Pro, JDK 1.8.0_144 (as mentioned in the docs) 32-bit, Eclipse Neon with the E(fx)clipse plugin, All the MSVC stuff installed that I could find.

RGuys.1
Associate II

Excuse my inexperience with java, but should double clickign the st25PcDemoApp.jar file in windows explorer cause it to run? Currently it just briefly flashes on the screen.

If I go to the directory it is in with terminal and run it with "java -jar ***.jar", it does load and works.

This seems potentially relevant to me because the .jar file acts the same if I double click it regardless of presence of the ancillary files.

Another note: I tried adding the resource/x86 directory to my system path, with no apparent change (though I didnt reboot).

Thanks for your help Damien!

I have attached below the screenshot from my first post - you can see my specific Eclipse setup here.0693W00000NqQU3QAN.png

The jar files are Java archive files that contain the applet and all dependencies in a zip-like package. Windows will try to open the jar files with whatever program you tell it is associated with the jar format. The usual way is to run the jar program from the command line.

The fact that the program runs when you launch it from the CLI means that all the dll are found at run-time. The problem must then exist in your Eclipse environment setting.

Could you please check that you have the path to the x86 directory in the Run Configuration window for Java Applications, as shown in the attached picture?

That did it!

Thanks so much Damien!!

jxox.1
Associate

i am also facing this issues on my window. i am also search out different sites to sort out this issues.

This looks to be the solution to my problem. I have the same issue, but I can't find the x86 directory. Are you referring to Program files x86?

Thanks in advance!