JHave.1
Associate II

We are testing the app on a newer mobile and encountered this issue:

Calling this function will cause the application to crash:

mFtmCommands = new FtmCommands(mST25DVTag);

The problem is in this procedure:

private void setMaxTransmissionSize() {
if (this.mST25DVTag != null) {
this.mMaxTransceiveSize = this.mST25DVTag.getReaderInterface().getMaxTransmitLengthInBytes();
if (this.mUseAddressedMode) {
this.mMaxTransmissionSize = Math.min(this.mMaxTransceiveSize - 12, 256);
} else {
this.mMaxTransmissionSize = Math.min(this.mMaxTransceiveSize - 4, 256);
}
}

}

specifically this line:

this.mMaxTransceiveSize = this.mST25DVTag.getReaderInterface().getMaxTransmitLengthInBytes();

If the mobile phone is close to the NFC antenna, the problem does not occur, if the phone is out of range, the application crashes.

(There is not problem on the older Android Version 9...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello and thank you for your reply. It was my mistake, I was using an old version of the app. (st25nfcApplication_V3.7.0).

Everything is okay now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

Thaks for the feedback.

I did some tests on several phones with different Android versions (Pixel3/Android12, Pixel 6Pro/Android14) without reproducing the issue.

The NFCTap version is (menu/About) : V3.10.0 with ST25SDK:1.10.0 (The last posted on google play)

Can you please check that you are aligned ?

I use in front of the phone a ST25 discovery MBoard MB136-A with a ST25DV04K-I and menu FTM with power plugged.

The app see the Tag and identify the board name.

I did the following:

Try to send data to Tag in several configurations, on tag and far away from tag... I have : cmd failed or No response received (according to board config) or command successful when transfer is done.

No way to reproduce.

Is it possible for you, to describe also the context on which you have the issue (steps to reproduce, phone/board/version used)?

Thanks in advance

FB

Hello and thank you for your reply. It was my mistake, I was using an old version of the app. (st25nfcApplication_V3.7.0).

Everything is okay now.