cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25 fail when it tries to present the Area1 password.

djsilverav
Associate II

I have been working with the ST25 app for some months and somehow the app started to behave strange. I'm working in an application where I protect the Area 1 for writing and to do that I configured the password with ST25 app.

In that moment I chose an Area 1 password and then I presented the configuration password to set the Area 1 security password.

Now I'm trying to write the memory with the ST25 app but I just can't. There's a message that say: "Command Failed" and that's all. I have tried to write in multiples ways, I tried to configure again the password or even remove it, but the same message appeared.

I'm working with a POCO phone with Android 13 and with an iPhone 7 with iOS 15 and I'm presenting the same problem in both OS.

I would like to know if there was any app update or if someone else is presenting the same problem. How could I fix it? any idea?

6 REPLIES 6
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

Can you please check that you are in the following state according to Area Security Status feature:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkfm1QAA.png and check also the registers and RFA1SS value:

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkfmkQAA.pngWith following configuration i was able to update NDEF presenting password1 during Write process, can you please check theses points and be sure your password is correct...

You can also go to register value and reset the RFA1SS to 00 to reset any security status on Area1 and try again ...

Hope this can help, no special update done in relation to your issue, tests was done on Android google pixel3/Android13 ...

BR,FB

djsilverav
Associate II

Hi! I checked the configuration and I the registers related with Security Status are the same. Then I tried to configure a new and empty memory but when I try to present the configuration memory I have this Toast, but I cannot read why it fails.

If it's no related to the any app update, I will try a factory reset in the phone.
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkjR8QAI.pngThanks for your reply!! I really appreciate it. 

djsilverav
Associate II

Hi again. I restored my phone to check if that was the problem. But until now I haven't found any solution. IDK if you have any idea about how to solve it, or if somebody else has experienced the same problem.

I'm posting a video to explain my problem better.

Thank you

France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

Your area seems to be not protected.

In the video you do a present pwd and you change "default one". I suppose you have updated the pwd before and your change is effective.

I did the same with defaults ones, and no issue on the command.

If you go to "change area pwd" you can set the pwd to the area, please check this....

The only reason you got this error can be a possible wrong pwd...

Can you please check with an other ST25DV to be sure or set an other pwd (on which you can be sure of the value) on area and check again...

BR,FB

Hello again.

I tried this week in different ways. But now I have something else.

I got this error in iOS related to ISO15693_CMD_NOT_RECOGNIZED.

In addition, I have tested in multiple phones and some of them don't work, but others they do. I have checked permissions for the app and everything is ok

For example, I can write without password and everything works good.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDNzxQAG.png

Hello

Strange behaviors ...

Did you use directly our delivered app and which version? or do you modify it in order to fit your needs?

Can you please provide more details on phone/Android version used ?

Is it possible for you to provide the logcat of the android app : com.st.st25nfc.dbg ?

BR,FB

Which