cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST NFC Sensor app: SmarTag Response Error

VSoni.1
Associate III

I am using an ST25TV02K-AD6H3 NFC tag IC with a printed antenna for RFID communication. As per the NFC tag antenna design guideline, the required antenna inductance is 5.95 uH. I designed an antenna using the ST eDesign Suite software with dimensions to obtain the required inductance. I printed the antenna out and attached the ST25TV tag IC to it using an electronically conducting adhesive. When I try to communicate with it using the ST NFC sensor app on my iPhone, it gives out a SmarTag Response Error. What does this error mean and how can it be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all thanks for your interest in ST25 product family !

Then, be aware that ST NFC Sensor App works with STEVAL-SMARTAG1product (based on ST25DV04K dynamic tag with an I2C slave interface) whereas you seem to use ST25TV02K NFC tag IC which has no I2C interface.

Depending on the application you have, either you will have to use the ST25 NFC Tap app instead of the ST25 NFC Sensor app, either you will have to change your tag with a SMARTAG1 one.

I hope this helps you,

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all thanks for your interest in ST25 product family !

Then, be aware that ST NFC Sensor App works with STEVAL-SMARTAG1product (based on ST25DV04K dynamic tag with an I2C slave interface) whereas you seem to use ST25TV02K NFC tag IC which has no I2C interface.

Depending on the application you have, either you will have to use the ST25 NFC Tap app instead of the ST25 NFC Sensor app, either you will have to change your tag with a SMARTAG1 one.

I hope this helps you,

Best Regards,

BB