cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for ST25RU3993 EVAL

Bchri.1
Associate II

Is there any SDK and sample code for the ST25RU3993 EVAL board? I would like to know what the API is from the PC side and of course some sample code (C# preferred).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

​Hello Bchri.1,

yes, the problem is that we currently have two different version of the FW. One that is able to communicate with the GUI (V1.8.6) and one that can be operated by the STUHFL_demo sample source code (v1.9.0). The low level functionality is the same for both version, but the communciation layer has changed for these two FW version.

We will soon release a V2.0.0 of the FW, GUI and STUHFL_demo were all components are compatible.

For the moment to run the STUHFL_demo you need to flash the v1.9.0 FW from the package. You could use KEIL or TrueStudio to build, flash and debug the FW.

BR

Nick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Bchri.1
Associate II

I found the STUHFL demo, and I was able to compile it in Visual Studio 2019. When I connect to the Eval board and run the demo, it responds with:

Welcome to the ST-UHF-L demo v1.9.0.0

--- Dev Board Version ---

SW Version: 204.204.204

HW Version: 204.204.204

The debug window indicate no RX packets, so I don't know if there could be a baud rate problem, or how to find out what it should be, or change it.

Also the board has a number of LEDs, with no real documentation, one blue LED next to the boot switch is blinking, but I can find no documentation for whether that is right, or what it means. I am getting real frustrated, and I am getting no response from an earlier case with support.

-Bjarne

Bchri.1
Associate II

It looks like the demo is v1.9.0.0 while the firmware is v1.8.6. I don't know if that is part of the problem, but does anybody know where I might find either demo v1.8.6 or firmware v1.9.0.0 ?

Bjarne

Nick K
ST Employee

​Hello Bchri.1,

yes, the problem is that we currently have two different version of the FW. One that is able to communicate with the GUI (V1.8.6) and one that can be operated by the STUHFL_demo sample source code (v1.9.0). The low level functionality is the same for both version, but the communciation layer has changed for these two FW version.

We will soon release a V2.0.0 of the FW, GUI and STUHFL_demo were all components are compatible.

For the moment to run the STUHFL_demo you need to flash the v1.9.0 FW from the package. You could use KEIL or TrueStudio to build, flash and debug the FW.

BR

Nick

Prabhu1
Associate II

Hi Nick ,

Do you have the compatibility matrix?

Currently we are using Visual studio 2019 and QT libraries we are facing challenges to build the code. Any document associated with environmental setup for custom UI development ST25RU3993 platform.

As there are very less document associated UI development, we are seeking ST support for closure.

Regards

Prabhu

Nick K
ST Employee

Hello SKann.1,

Although having a comprehensive ecosystem including an SDK and various design tools, we currently do not have dedicated tools for supporting UI developments.

The development platform or code you might be referring to could be related to a legacy firmware, which is not compatible with our long deployed high-performing UHF SDK.

For that reason, I would recommend having a look at our latest release of the ST25 UHF SDK, which should help you develop/prototype quickly custom UHF applications with the included demo source code (console apps) on windows or Linux. Furthermore, using the latest SDK would bring significant performance improvements.

Best regards,

Nick

Thanks for response.

There could be customer who develop solutions based on ST25RU3993 with STM32, Atmel, Microchip the FW changes based on the interfaces as well as OEM. Does it mean the SDK integration of 2.0/3.0 would be challenging?

Are there any methods to overcome the challenges by flashing basic firmware with custom solutions based on STM32/Microchip based platform. Let us know how other customer address this problem.

Kindly share the methods to overcome the challenges by flashing basic firmware which is compatible with SDK3.0 on custom OEM boards.

I believe this would help or ease the development process.

Are there any documents available that it can only flash the program memory of ST25RU3993 which will make compatible with latest SDK 3.0?

Please suggest your answers at the earliest as we have development custom boards.

Regards

Prabhu

Nick K
ST Employee

Hello Prabhu,

OEM board may use different uC and HW components, like tuning circuits, power amplifier and others.

To have a generic FW to cover all possible combinations is not possible.

ST offers all SW components and HW schematics as source code for the EVAL and the HPEV demo boards.

This source code can be used as starting point for porting the FW to other MCU's or to do other HW modifications.

The FW is written in a modularize structure to make porting to other platform easier.

The FW has dedicated files implementing the platform specific code. As example, for the SPI communication between the ST25RU3993 and the STM32L4 the file spi_driver.c expose a generic function spiTxRx(..) to transmit/receive data via SPI.

This separate the generic logic, such as building Gen2 data frames in the FW from the HW dependent part when transmit the frame via SPI to ST25RU3993.

In other words to port the FW to another platform all HW dependent driver must be exchanged. Minimal required HW driver to port are SPI, Timer, GPIO and IRQ Handler. Optional UART and DMA should also be ported for host communication. To store tuning configuration Flash access must be ported as well.

BR Nick