NFC03A1 with Raspberry Pi 4, tag not detecting

venukrish
Associate III

HW : Raspberry PI 4 with NFC03A1 board connected to SPI

SW : Linux_RFAL_st25r95_v2.0.4.tar.gz

we built and we are able to run on the Rpi board, poller example

issue :

ISO1444A tag not detected

SPI seems to be working, we observed IDN command responds with the details as per the datasheet

IRQ_OUT also seems to be correct  refer to log1.txt

rfalInitialize seems to be success. No errros

while ISO14443A tag detection we are observing err timeouts.. refer to log2.txt

pls advise

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

what I see in the trace is:

• line 161: A protocolSelect command is sent to activate the RF field for ISO14443A operations. This command will cause a power consumption increase
  • line 181: response 00 00 to the protocolSelect command. The command has been taken into account
  • line 191 A Write Analog Config Register is sent. The beginning of the Rx buffer is OK (bytes 0x06) but then the Rx buffer has random values which show something abnormal (lines 200/202/204/206). Thus, it is likely that the extra power consumption due to the RF field activation cannot be satisfied.

I suggest to try to supply both CN6.2 and CN6.4 with 2 different wires from 2 different RPi4 pins. Same for CN6.6 and CN6.7 (GND) to be connected on 2 different GND pins.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your inputs Brian. i will check  CN6.2 and CN6.4 with 2 different wires from 2 different RPi4 pins

what about 5v? not required right ? we tried both 3v3 and 5v one at a time.

Hi,

5V is not connected. Make sure not to inject 5V on 3V3.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

so 5V is not used, only 3.3v is used right.. i did have a look at the schematics and didnot see any +5v connections.

we were able to detect the tag after connecting 2 seperate 3.3v, CN6.2 and CN6.4 ..

i think we missed CN6.2, may be thats the reason why board was not responding...

Appreciate all your inputs. thanks !!