cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC wireless charging reference designs available?

KWine
Senior

I watched the recent webinar about ST25R3916 to ST25DV charging and saw prototype boards in use in the video demo. Is there a reference design available for these boards? I would like to make a custom version for testing. Thank you for any info or link you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pelo
ST Employee

Hello,

Thanks a lot for attending the webinar and your interest in the NFC charging solution with ST25. ST is progressing in the development of this technology and will provide updates upon availability.

In the meantime, please reach out to your local sales representative, who will be able to provide more information about this topic.

Best regards,

P

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There are several webinars about ST25R3916 - a url to which one you have seen would be helpful.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KWine
Senior

Thanks for your reply Peter. The webinar I refer to is this one:

NFC Charging: The Tiniest Solution for Wireless Charging.on November 18, 2021.

Other than this I have found almost no other documentation on using the ST25 family for wireless charging. If you could provide a link to other videos or application notes I might have missed this would be greatly appreciated.

In the webinar there is a video demo of the NFC wireless charging in action. The demo uses two PCBA prototypes: one with ST25R3916 for the poller and one with ST25DV0X as the target device both connected to Nucleo boards.

I would like to design a similar custom system using an L432 host MCU and some other components for testing the wireless charging capability. It would be very helpful to have the reference design/schematics for the two prototype PCBAs used in the ST video demo. Also, is some special software required to enable the charging capability? Any documentation would be useful.

Thanks again for your help.

Kris

Pelo
ST Employee

Hello Kris,

The hardware shown in the webinar is currently in the proof of concept stage and, therefore, not yet available as an official reference design. 

Please reach out to your local sales representative, who will be able to provide more information about this topic.

Best regards,

P

EVega.2
Associate

Good morning everyone!

Do you have any updates so far for the ST25 NFC Charging Proof of Concept? I am developing a NFC Dynamic Tag board, but for my next design I would like to add NFC Charging feature.

Last week I attend a webinar that made reference to that design.

Thank you.

Ernesto

SPave.1
Associate

Good morning ST Community.

I have the same question of Ernesto.

I have attended to the same webinar ("NFC charging: the tiniest solution for wireless charging").

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sergio

Pelo
ST Employee

Hello,

Thanks a lot for attending the webinar and your interest in the NFC charging solution with ST25. ST is progressing in the development of this technology and will provide updates upon availability.

In the meantime, please reach out to your local sales representative, who will be able to provide more information about this topic.

Best regards,

P