cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ndef lib for rfal 3.0

emcnicholas
Associate II

I am porting the rfal and ndef for an ST25R3918 to zephyr.  I have the rfal 3.0 working and i have ndef v1.0.4 i am getting errors for the ndef layer and was wondering if this is the correct ndef.  I can read the UUID with RFAL so i know i can communicate with the tag.  Below is the error.  I do still have some timing errors to work out with the rtos and ISR servicing can be an issue.

appNFC: NDEF NOT DETECTED (ndefPollerNdefDetect returns 5)

Thanks,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I did update the ndef lib to the one from 1.6sw release.  After doing some digging I figured out that error was a need for more heap.  After that I was able to get the nfc working.  The example someone posted for zephyr had some issues that needed to be fixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

can you share more information about your setup:

• do you use your own custom board or an expansion board from ST (such as X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1)?
  • which tag is being used (manufacturer and model)? Is the tag NDEF formatted? Using a smartphone with an NFC app (such as ST25NFCTap), can you read the tag? Can you provide the memory dump of the tag and the various tag information?

ndef v1.0.4 is quite old. I would suggest to use a more recent one for example the latest one from the ST25 embedded NFC library. I believe this will not solve your issue but at least a recent NDEF middleware will be used.

To debug your issue, set a breakpoint in ndefTxTPollerNdefDetect where x=2, 3, 4 or 5 depending on the tag type being used (T2T, T3T, T4T or T5T). Then step until  ERR_REQUEST is returned. 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

So I did update the ndef lib to the one from 1.6sw release.  After doing some digging I figured out that error was a need for more heap.  After that I was able to get the nfc working.  The example someone posted for zephyr had some issues that needed to be fixed.