cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDEF is not working in any memory area except the first one.

MCasas
Associate II

Hello,

I'm using the st25dv04k NFC tag and accessing to the memory with the ST25 App.

I have 3 memory areas: the first 2 (Area1 and area2) of 32 bytes and the third area the rest.

The problem comes when I'm trying to add a NDEF URl record to open a link. If I add it to the first area and i put closer my nfc device, the phone tells me to choose if I want to use the navigator or the ST25 app, but if I add the URl record to another area that is not the first one, this does not happen.

I can't use the first area nor the second because they have some manufacturing and configuration bytes, so I would like to add my ndef records to the third one. (URl and maybe some text).

When I click in the NDEF button, it only says: Area1: NDEF message containing 0 record(s). NDEF size: 0 bytes. I dont know why it ignores the third area.

Hope someone can help me,

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

as per NFC Forum Technical Specification T5T v1.0 section 4.3.2.1 The T5T_Area shall start from the first byte following the Capability Container. And according to section 4.3.1.2, the Capability Container starts at the first byte of the memory block 0.

This means that the CC has to be located in block 0 of area 1. If you want to jump over the rest of area 1 and area2, a proprietary TLV has to be used for your configuration and manufacturing data. Anyway, I doubt that smartphones properly manage proprietary TLV. I would rather suggest to store the CC+NDEF in area 1 and configuration+manufacturing data in area 2 and 3.

Rgs

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MCasas
Associate II

Any idea on how to solve this?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

as per NFC Forum Technical Specification T5T v1.0 section 4.3.2.1 The T5T_Area shall start from the first byte following the Capability Container. And according to section 4.3.1.2, the Capability Container starts at the first byte of the memory block 0.

This means that the CC has to be located in block 0 of area 1. If you want to jump over the rest of area 1 and area2, a proprietary TLV has to be used for your configuration and manufacturing data. Anyway, I doubt that smartphones properly manage proprietary TLV. I would rather suggest to store the CC+NDEF in area 1 and configuration+manufacturing data in area 2 and 3.

Rgs

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.