cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a good "Getting Started" document for writing code for the ST25R3911B-DISCO board?

RMurr.2
Associate

I cant seem to find the correct IDE, etc. Looking to use something like eclipse and the USB. Any good documentation would be helpful, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi RMurr.2,

it depends what you are pursuing. If you want to control the ST25R3911B-DISCO board from PC then there are two possibilities:

1. Contained in the GUI are Visual Studio solutions showcasing control of the board using C++,C# and Python.
  2. A little bit more higher layer is the ST25 SDK which can control the ST25R3911B-DISCO board (among others)

However if you want to develop something embedded I recommend to rather use X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 + NUCLEO-L476 with one of

1. X-CUBE-NFC5
  2. ST25 Embedded NFC lib

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi RMurr.2,

it depends what you are pursuing. If you want to control the ST25R3911B-DISCO board from PC then there are two possibilities:

1. Contained in the GUI are Visual Studio solutions showcasing control of the board using C++,C# and Python.
  2. A little bit more higher layer is the ST25 SDK which can control the ST25R3911B-DISCO board (among others)

However if you want to develop something embedded I recommend to rather use X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 + NUCLEO-L476 with one of

1. X-CUBE-NFC5
  2. ST25 Embedded NFC lib

Best Regards, Ulysses

DDve.1
Associate II

@Ulysses HERNIOSUS : can you please specify where exactly mentioned C# solution is located? After installing GUI I have folder c:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\ST25R3911B_Discovery_GUI\ , but no any sources on C# included.

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\ST25R3911B_Discovery_GUI\Dll3911_Demos.sln.lnk

which should point to something like:

C:\Users\$(USER)\Documents\STMicroelectronics\ST25R3911B_Discovery_GUI\DLL_Demos\Dll3911_Demos.sln

BR, Ulysses

Ulysses, thank you, found!! But... why it's spreaded across the disk?? Isn't it logical to put everything under one folder? I lost my mind trying to find *.cs files. :[

Hi,

C:\Program Files... is generally not writable thus an MS Project cannot be compiled when installed there and user cannot make any source code changes. Thus the sources and project in a user folder - with a link on the installation to make finding it easier. It also has an entry in the StartMenu...

Maybe it could be made more obvious - how would you have found it?

BR, Ulysses

From my side it could be better to have everything under one folder. Believe you or not, but developers are not helpless kittens 🙂 they are able to copy project into own folder (they will move project anyway, so why to worry?) One unnoticeable Dll3911_Demos.sln.lnk is harder to see than search *.cs/*.sln files. Just my IMHO.