cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing ST25Dv64KC Tag with ST25R39xx Reader

StefanoSperandio_ST
Associate II

Hello,

i'm working on implementing a system using ST25DV64KC Dynamic Tag with an NFC Reader.

Here is a summary of my current situation and issues:

1. Current Setup:

- I've successfully tested ST25DV Tag using the NFC07A1 board

- I'm now transitioning to using the NFC08A1 board that mount the ST25R39 Reader in order to create a complete NFC Tag + Writer System

2. Issues with NFC Tag:

- I'm able to read and write EEPROM and MAILBOX via i2c without issues

- I've problem with ST25 android App. It indicates that I need specific firmware to write to the Mailbox. I can't use the android app to write on the Mailbox with RF signal without this firmware and using only my FW on the Microcontroller???

3. Issues with the NFC reader:

- How i can send commands to the NFC Tag through the antenna coil?

- Specifically, i need to understand how to send a command composed of n Bytes through the Reader. I must send them through SPI from the micro to the ST25R39 Reader and then it translate the Bytes in RF signal?

- Which register i must write from the SPI to send this command?

Basically i've problem with the Reader because its datasheet is not very clear as the ST25DV64KC Tag datasheet and i'm trying to understand how i can do these things.

I appreciate any guidance or references on how i can interface these two device each other and how i can send commands through the Reader...

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi StefanoSperandio_ST,

For point 2, if you use the FTM demos menu it will run a specific demo available with the ST25DV64KC-DISCO firmware, that's why it asked you to run the correct firmware to play this demo. If you want to write/read data to/from the mailbox you will need to send custom commands with the Android App, the mailbox is accessible with specific RF commands once it is activated.

For point 3, you can download the ST25 embedded NFC library firmware package, in this package you will find some examples for the NFC08 and it will help you understand how to operate with the reader. To interact with the reader you have to use the rfal library which is available in the nfc06/nfc08 firmware package as well as with the ST25 embedded NFC library firmware package.

I hope this will help you.

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi StefanoSperandio_ST,

For point 2, if you use the FTM demos menu it will run a specific demo available with the ST25DV64KC-DISCO firmware, that's why it asked you to run the correct firmware to play this demo. If you want to write/read data to/from the mailbox you will need to send custom commands with the Android App, the mailbox is accessible with specific RF commands once it is activated.

For point 3, you can download the ST25 embedded NFC library firmware package, in this package you will find some examples for the NFC08 and it will help you understand how to operate with the reader. To interact with the reader you have to use the rfal library which is available in the nfc06/nfc08 firmware package as well as with the ST25 embedded NFC library firmware package.

I hope this will help you.

Kind Regards.

Hi Rene Lenerve,

thank you a lot for these precious informations...I resolved the issue about mailbox using the Custom Command window in the Android App!!

For point 3, I'll download the code and I'll try to use it!

Thank you and have a nice day!