cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a good NFC Reader. I have listed down my requirements below

Kh.1
Associate II

I need an NFC module that reads data from NTAG216 cards and also supports Android and IOS phones that send NDEF message from the phone to the NFC module.

STM has many variants and models for NFC . I am totally confused and dont know where to start. Can someone help me find a good NFC module as per my requirement.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kh.1,

not sure if I fully understand your comment. For actually performing payments you would need to implement full EMVCo L1 + VISA / Mastercard / ... L2 stacks. It is possible but not something easily done. For these purposes we are providing e.g. ST25R3916-EMVCo through our Sales if required. It implements the L1 part of EMVCo.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Kh.1,

If you want to read data from a T2T (e.g. NTAG216) you will need reader capabilities.

For communicating to Android you have a plethora of options.

For iPhone you have the following options:

1. Get in touch with Apple in order to implement payment / loyalty cards, etc. (i.e use Card emulation on iPhone and NFC reader writer on your module)
  2. Implement Card Emulation on your module and use the Reader mode on iPhone (either through dedicated app or by letting the iOS read NDEF content from your card emulation).

I would recommend you to get X-NUCLEO-NFC06 where you can read T2T and also implement card emulation to serve the point 2. for the iPhone use case. On Android I would probably use the same as for iPhone.

Please beware that when performing a polling loop most likely the iPhone will pop-up with a payment dialog (as it thinks it is in front of a payment terminal)

Best Regards, Ulysses

Kh.1
Associate II

Can i also accept payment from credit cards?

Hi Kh.1,

not sure if I fully understand your comment. For actually performing payments you would need to implement full EMVCo L1 + VISA / Mastercard / ... L2 stacks. It is possible but not something easily done. For these purposes we are providing e.g. ST25R3916-EMVCo through our Sales if required. It implements the L1 part of EMVCo.

Regards, Ulysses