cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the ST25R95 on an IRQ basis?

JNieu.1
Associate II

Hello,

How do I use the S25R95 on an IRQ/Callback basis?

What I have found so far is that there are three callbacks (UpperLayer, PreTxRx, PostTxRx) you can use for the ST25R95, but these are only available during the regular polling/running process.

I am looking for a way to have the ST25R95 initiate so that it runs in a silent mode always checking if there is an NFC device near. And when there is, it sends a signal via a pin like IRQ_OUT.

I currently have the situation where I'm required to continuously poll the device to see if there is an active device, but I want my main program not to have to do that. I want it to be checking for a, probably GPIO IRQ input and then respond to that using the functions to read information from the NFC Device.

Is this possible, and if so, what would be the solution to do so?

Kind regards,

Joey

11 REPLIES 11
JNieu.1
Associate II

Hi Brian,

I meant the FreeRTOS support for the microprocessors, I have already ported the RFAL library succesfully to the NUCLEO-G070RB.

Kind regards,

Joey

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi

As far as I know:

• STM32CubeMX (I am using v6.0.1) supports FreeRTOS on NUCLEO-G070RB (just enable the CMSIS_V2 interface)
  • ST does not provide FreeRTOS support of the ST25R95. Anyway, some community members (e.g. @Slan​)  have successfully ported the X-CUBE-NFC3 on FreeRTOS

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.