cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993 eval board inventory runner

Uyalç.1
Associate II

I'm experimenting with the St25ru3993 eval board on raspberry pi 3 b +. Initially, I downloaded your program called Reader Suite to get the correct parameters. There I entered the parameters to read the tags correctly. Then I imported them into source code. I cannot get the results I got from Reader Suite on Raspberry Pi. My method is as follows: I set the invOption.roundCnt parameter to 0 in the inventory runner function. This will allow him to measure continuously. I know it is scanning the frequency ranges and finishing the loop. What are the factors affecting the duration of the cycle? What if I can speed up the cycle ending? Normally, the measurements I take in 1 round are inaccurate. For this, I write the epc values ​​I get at the end of each loop to a file. The most efficient number as the number of cycles is 50. In the loop, I read the file I transferred the values ​​to. This is going on for a very long time for me. I need to measure more efficiently and read the file in a shorter time. What can I do for it?

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Ulas,

I have some few recommendations to complete your test.

First, in order to ensure you really use the same parameters between the Reader Suite (RS) and your application, please save the reader suite configuration in a file (right click on "ST25RU3993 Reader", "save Reader settings").

This file will contains all major options used by the RS for its actions, moreover, in latest versions of RS, we aligned the file content to structures fields naming (bottom of the file after registers content) to ease the porting.

Second, the reader is really sensitive to tuning (Application note: AN5532, https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/st25-nfc-rfid-readers/st25-uhf-readers/st25ru3993.html#resource),

please ensure you pre-tune the reader before starting your inventories (latest STUHFL releases provide example code for proper tuning), SLOW method is the most efficient.

Concerning the inventory speed, you can play on Q value (parameters STUHFL_T_ST25RU3993_Gen2Inventory_Cfg.startQ & STUHFL_T_ST25RU3993_Gen2Inventory_Cfg.adaptiveQEnable).

This first field defines how much slots will be used in inventory rounds (Q=0 => 1 slot per round; Q=15 => 32636 slots per round), so setting this value depends on how much tags are supposed to be inventoried (1 slot addresses 1 single tag) and to avoid useless slots.

The second field allows to have an adaptive setting of Q value by the reader, this can be used when the max number of inventoried tags is not known.

Hoping all these recommendations will help to speed up and enhance your inventories,

regards,

Cedric

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Ulas,

I have some few recommendations to complete your test.

First, in order to ensure you really use the same parameters between the Reader Suite (RS) and your application, please save the reader suite configuration in a file (right click on "ST25RU3993 Reader", "save Reader settings").

This file will contains all major options used by the RS for its actions, moreover, in latest versions of RS, we aligned the file content to structures fields naming (bottom of the file after registers content) to ease the porting.

Second, the reader is really sensitive to tuning (Application note: AN5532, https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/nfc/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-readers/st25-nfc-rfid-readers/st25-uhf-readers/st25ru3993.html#resource),

please ensure you pre-tune the reader before starting your inventories (latest STUHFL releases provide example code for proper tuning), SLOW method is the most efficient.

Concerning the inventory speed, you can play on Q value (parameters STUHFL_T_ST25RU3993_Gen2Inventory_Cfg.startQ & STUHFL_T_ST25RU3993_Gen2Inventory_Cfg.adaptiveQEnable).

This first field defines how much slots will be used in inventory rounds (Q=0 => 1 slot per round; Q=15 => 32636 slots per round), so setting this value depends on how much tags are supposed to be inventoried (1 slot addresses 1 single tag) and to avoid useless slots.

The second field allows to have an adaptive setting of Q value by the reader, this can be used when the max number of inventoried tags is not known.

Hoping all these recommendations will help to speed up and enhance your inventories,

regards,

Cedric