cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop overwriting on NFC Tag of ST25DV64KC antenna board

PoolBear
Associate III

Hey I am using ST25DV64KC-DISCO discovery board  for my project  where I want NFC enabled mobile to connect with my given mac address and don't want  other NFC  tag writer apps to  writing   on my NFC antenna board   is that possible  with this tag or did you guys have other tags which have better encrypted tags which we can use so that no one can change its memory content like given mac address of the Bluetooth in the tag please suggest 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PoolBear,

You can find this example with the function "ST25DV_DEMO_Memory_Mapping_Password" in the file st25dv_features_demo.c, this example is run when you click on the ST25DV icon -> AREA icon displayed on the LCD screen. (this in the firmware from ST25DV64KC-DISCO firmawre package).

I hope this can help you.

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PoolBear
Associate III

and also  what are the nfc tag provided by st which support password protection in case of writing on the NFC tag 

PoolBear
Associate III

@Brian TIDAL  can you please help me out about this 

Hi, 

I will use a lifeline and will Phone a Friend @JL. Lebon 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello PoolBear, 
In all ST NFC tags, it is possible to protect the memory in read and/or in write. If protected, a password that must be presented before being able to read or write the memory.

For the ST25DV64KC, this is explained in the datasheet in chapter "5.6 Data protection".

Basically, you can slice the user memory in 1,2, 3 or 4 areas. Each area can be protected in read and/or write by one of the 3 available passwords. For this, you have to program the ENDAi registers (to adjust areas sizes), RFAiSS registers (to set the protection type and set which password to use).

Best regards.

Hi @JL. Lebon  I have tried to find RW_PROTECTION  register  in firmware code as mentioned in datasheet in chapter "5.6 Data protection" but still not able to find can you please elaborate and go into little bit more details like how can I stop/lock my NFC tag so no one can write on it using NFC tag writer tools.

Thank You

Hi @PoolBear,

You can find this example with the function "ST25DV_DEMO_Memory_Mapping_Password" in the file st25dv_features_demo.c, this example is run when you click on the ST25DV icon -> AREA icon displayed on the LCD screen. (this in the firmware from ST25DV64KC-DISCO firmawre package).

I hope this can help you.

Kind Regards.