cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make serial communication?

Uyalç.1
Associate II

Hi,

I bought ST25RU3993-EVAL board.I want to reading tag's id. Can I make serial communication? I write console "minicom" .Then i set baudrate=3000000 and 8N1 and no flow control. But there is no text in terminal. How to make serial communication?

11 REPLIES 11
Uyalç.1
Associate II

I would like to summarize our project and situation to you in order to be on the same page :

We bought an A0025 antenna . And we want to get the item count in the fridge . We are working on Raspberry Pi 4 . We use usb3.0 port of RPI4 in order to give power to the ST25RU3993 Eval Board .

When we use your Windows GUI we can get item count correctly . But, once we use the RPI4 , we can not read the tag count correctly . Also we can not read the tags from long distance(30cm+) .

What functions should we use to set the correct values in main.c ? Or should we change another .c file ?

Since the project is so important to us , we would like to solve the problems . We are working on this project for a really big company . So if can achive the demonstration they will order huge amont . It is really a big project.

Thanks for your support ,

Regards ,

Ulas

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Uyalc,

The fact you are able to use windows GUI is really good, indeed what I can suggest for you to get the best appropriate parameters to be used in your Linux application is:

• you instrument the FW code to output all settings (file ...\Firmware\Src\stream_dispatcher.c) received by FW on UART
  • you set all appropriate configuration through the Windows GUI
  • your run some inventories to ensure you have appropriate settings
  • you replicate the same configuration options in your Linux application based on outputs you logged on UART

The functions you have to address for your configuration update are mainly the ones in setupGen2Config() (file STUHFL_DemoEvalAPI.c) + the tuning ones ;-)

best regards,

Cedric.